Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day


Brendan started his first day of Optometry school. I think i might have gone a little misty eyed, but not because he was all grown up, but because I am not sure I will see him much for the next 4 years....


This was taken the day before school started, and a few hours before his "back-to-school" haircut. I had to include it! He looks so sharp!


Brendan was kind enough to take a photo of me on my first "official" day of work. Brand new clothes always help me face a really scary day!

I use official because I actually started the Friday before when I went to the company's quarterly meeting. I was told it went from 8-1. I was great with that. Dressed in my nicest suit and went ready to make a good impression. Since the meeting was over an hour drive away, they mentioned everyone was carpooling so I hitched a ride with another employee. Then at one when the meeting was over I looked for my ride. To my shock and horror, we were now all going to the lake house and I "brought my swim suit right?" Um NO! I did not think a swim suit was standard protocol for a quarterly business meeting. Thankfully, my ride was willing to stop at Walmart. My thoughts were these....

  1. What on earth am I going to find in 10 minutes or less that will fit, be modest, something I might wear again and not cost a ton?
  2. What would Tim Gunn say???
  3. I am gonna "MAKE THIS WORK!"
After a quick survey of the place, what did I end up with? 
  • One grey t-shirt for $5. 
  • One pair of black capris on clearance $1. 
  • Kicked off the heels and went barefoot and pulled out the sunglasses FREE 
Why hello cute, casual look perfect for a work party for a total $6! Thank you Tim Gunn!




Sorry! I couldn't figure out how to rotate once I upload from my phone and I am too lazy to fight with it tonight. But yes, I was in the Ohio business newspaper along with all the other people in the state who got promotions and new jobs this month!

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, this post made me laugh! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congrats Toblers! We're so glad you're here! And you both look so sharp starting work and school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you guys! I hope you get to see Brenden every once in a while....school is hard!
    I like your new clothes, and your idea for a swimsuit! That was genius!

    ReplyDelete